Special Services & Grants
These opportunities are available to Wisconsin land trusts by a periodic application process. As a service to the land trust community we develop customized programming that promotes quality land conservation and fosters excellence.
Call for Proposals Open for Innovation Grants
These small grants are intended to provide your land trust with an opportunity to accomplish a high priority project for your organization, one that will propel your land trust to a higher level of performance.
Is there a creative approach you have been wanting to try, a new partnership project that would enhance your capacity to achieve your mission, a tool that would transform your effectiveness and efficiency? What would enable you to be more strategic in your conservation activities? How could you engage and benefit people beyond your membership or usual audience?
Imagine the possibilities and propose an innovative project!
- Wisconsin land trust members of either Gathering Waters or the Land Trust Alliance are eligible.
- Grants require a match of at least 50%, with at least 25% in the form of a cash match.
- Grant amounts may range from $1000 to $5000.
- This is a competitive call for proposals; the total number of grants awarded will depend on the strength of proposals and the amounts requested.
Proposal deadline: May 26, 2017
Through the Land Trust Excellence & Advancement Program, we're pleased to offer grants to the Wisconsin land trust community. Sign up for our technical e-bulletin, Currents, to get updates on new opportunities.
Periodically, we accept applications from land trusts on a competitive basis in the following categories:
- Guided assessment using Land Trust Standards & Practices as a guide.
- Mentoring services from the Land Trust Alliance and Gathering Waters to implement an element of Land Trust Standards & Practices.
- Small grants ($1,000-$5,000) to be used to accomplish a needed activity that propels a land trust to a higher level of performance.