Trainings & Workshops
We offer workshops, training opportunities, and other services to all land trust practioners in Wisconsin. Currently planned learning opportunities are listed below. Questions, feedback, and suggestions are most welcome and can be directed to Meg Domroese, Land Trust Program Director.
In-Person Training Opportunities
2016 Wisconsin Land Trust Retreat
March 10-12, 2016 | Blue Harbor Resort | Sheboygan, WI
This year's Land Trust Retreat was a great opportunity for learning, networking, and fun among peers and experts from around the state. Presentations and related resources from the event are now available.
Executive & Associate Directors Peer Gathering
Wednesday, May 18 - Friday, May 20 | Grand Rapids, MI
Get away from your everyday routine and join land trust leader peers for fresh ideas and feedback, and make lasting connections to support your work. Program topics & features include:
- Innovative Conservation Tools for Agriculture Workshop with Alex Bryan, President, and Holly Rippon-Butler, Land Access Program Director, National Young Farmers Coalition
- Discussion of what trends in your state or region - in terms of population, culture and attitudes, land and resources, food and public health - mean for your land trust's work
- Talking & tasting at Brewery Vivant, a LEED certified micro brewery
Registration closed May 9. Find out more about the program on Heart of the Lakes website.
Gathering Waters partners with the Land Trust Alliance and Heart of the Lakes to offer the Midwest Peer Mentoring Program.
Virtual Training Opportunities
Ask-An-Expert Call Series
Planning on Planned Gifts on June 3, 2016 at 11am
A diversified fundraising portfolio should have a strong planned giving component, but this is an area that is often overlooked or postponed. Stop procrastinating and learn how you can maximize your planned giving potential now, even with limited staff and resources!
We will discuss:
- What planned giving is and why you should be thinking about it
- Planned giving vehicles and options
- How to identify prospects
- Trends in giving and estate planning, including why land trusts are a good fit for bequests
- Policy and management considerations
- Tips for promotion and donor recognition
To register for this conference call, please email the Land Trust Alliance your organization name, participant names, and email addresses. We will send you call-in information. Registration closes on Wednesday, June 1, 2016.
Gathering Waters, along with the Land Trust Alliance and Michigan's Heart of the Lakes are pleased to offer a series of free Ask-An-Expert calls that are easy to fit into your busy day.
The Land Trust Alliance hosts webinars throughout the year. With a click of a mouse, participants have immediate access to the best minds in the field of conservation, governance, and organizational management without the hassle and expense of travel.
For dates and topics, check the Alliance's webinar schedule.