Trainings & Workshops
We offer workshops, training opportunities, and other services to all land trust practioners in Wisconsin. Currently planned learning opportunities are listed below. Questions, feedback, and suggestions are most welcome and can be directed to Meg Domroese, Land Trust Program Director.
In-Person Training Opportunities
SAVE THE DATE for the 2016 Land Trust Retreat
March 10-12, 2016
Blue Harbor Resort
Get ready to celebrate, communicate, and collaborate at the 2016 Wisconsin Land Trust Retreat! The program will offer ample opportunity to celebrate successes, connect with peers on common challenges, and participate in sessions exploring the latest in land protection, stewardship, communications, community engagement, and more. Check out program features and registration information.
Virtual Training Opportunities
Ask-An-Expert Call Series
We thank all of our 2015 experts for a great series!
- March 6 - Find Friends: Reaching Younger Audiences with Mindy Petersen, Gathering Waters; Josh Lynsen & Kim Seese, LTA
- May 15 - Pulling the Oars Together: Aligning Staff & Board Members in Strategic Planning with Megan Olds, Parallel Solutions
- June 19 - Volunteer Programs for Conservation Easement Monitoring with Jodi Milske, Door County Land Trust & Dana Wright, Legacy Land Conservancy
- August 7 - Focusing Board Energy: Out of the Weeds, On to Big Ideas with Sara Wilson, Mayes | Wilson & Associates
- September 11 - Making Sense of Fundraising Expenses with Dana Chabot, Certified Public Accountant
- November 6 - Conservation Easement Amendments: What's New? with Sylvia Bates & Leslie Ratley-Beach, LTA
If you have suggestions for topics to cover in 2016, please contact Meg Domroese.
Gathering Waters, along with the Land Trust Alliance and Heart of the Lakes Center for Land Conservation Policy, are pleased to offer a series of free Ask-An-Expert calls that are easy to fit into your busy day.
The Land Trust Alliance hosts webinars throughout the year. With a click of a mouse, participants have immediate access to the best minds in the field of conservation, governance, and organizational management without the hassle and expense of travel.
For dates and topics, check LTA's webinar schedule.