Gathering Waters Land Trust Council
is an advisory body comprising land trust leaders that counsels Gathering Waters on the needs, challenges, and preferences of the Wisconsin land trust community. Read on for more info about Council members and how we serve your land trust.
For more than a decade, the Land Trust Council has informed Gathering Waters programs and initiatives. The leaders on the Council provide critical advice that keeps us relevant, timely, and useful as we pursue our collective mission of protecting the places that make Wisconsin special.
How does the Council work for Wisconsin land trusts?
Participation is voluntary. Council members share ideas, close feedback loops from community members, and advise on Gathering Waters programs. The Council meets annually in person and periodically by teleconference.
Who's on the Council?
We strive to recruit members who represent the diversity of land trusts statewide. Feel free to communicate with your nearest representative on issues that affect your land trust:
- Carol Abrahamzon, Mississippi Valley Conservancy
- Susan Buchanan, Chair, Tall Pines Conservancy
- Dan Burke, Door County Land Trust
- Bob Fitzwilliam, West Wisconsin Land Trust
- Kimberly Gleffe, River Revitalization Foundation
- Bryan Pierce, Northwoods Land Trust
- Tony Schuster, Chippewa County Land Conservancy
- Kevin Thusius, Ice Age Trail Alliance
- Jim Welsh, Natural Heritage Land Trust
- Bur Zeratsky, Green Lake Conservancy