Gathering Waters offers workshops, training opportunities, an annual conference, and other services to all land trust practitioners in Wisconsin. Currently planned learning opportunities are listed below. Questions, feedback, and suggestions are most welcome and can be directed to Meg Domroese, Land Trust Program Director.
SAVE THE DATE for the 2019 Wisconsin Land Trust Conference
March 7-9, 2019 at Green Lake Conference Center
Mark your calendar now for the 2019 Conference!
We're developing a great program based on past participants' suggestions and land trusts' requests. Let us know if you have potential topics to propose.
Ask-An-Expert Call Series
We thank all of our 2018 experts for a great series!
- January 26 - Land Trust Employee Benefits: Basics and Beyond with Sarah Naperala, Naperala Consulting LLC
- February 23 - Fostering a Conservation Ethic in Tomorrow's Leaders with Andrea Foster, Little Forks Conservancy, and Hansi Johnson, Minnesota Land Trust
- May 4 - Keeping Current on Financial Management with Dana Chabot, Certified Public Accountant and Gathering Waters’ financial manager
- June 8 - Addressing Gender Inequality in Conservation Organizations with Dianne Russell, Institute for Conservation Leadership, and Katie Chang, Land Trust Alliance
- September 7 - Finish Strong: Tips for Year-end Fundraising with David Allen, Development for Conservation
- November 2 - Storytelling: Defining Yourself in the Digital Era with Andrew Bethune, Origin
We are developing the 2019 Ask an Expert Call. If you have suggestions for topics to cover, please contact Meg Domroese.
Gathering Waters, along with the Land Trust Alliance and Michigan's Heart of the Lakes, are pleased to offer a series of free Ask-An-Expert calls that are easy to fit into your busy day.
The Land Trust Alliance hosts webinars throughout the year. With a click of a mouse, participants have immediate access to the best minds in the field of conservation, governance, and organizational management without the hassle and expense of travel.
For dates and topics, check the Alliance's webinar schedule.