Join us on Sep 20, 2018 • Monona Terrace, Madison, WI • 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
You can still register online and take advantage of Early Bird pricing until August 1, 2018. If you are a Land Legacy Society member, contact the Gathering Waters' office at 608.251.9131 to receive a promotional code for your complimentary registration. Celebrate the conservation leaders chosen for a 2018 Land Conservation Leadership Awards.
These awards recognize the outstanding accomplishments of individuals, policymakers, land trusts, and other groups who are working to protect the places that make Wisconsin special. They honor the power of committed citizens and offer inspiring examples of conservation success. Each year we encourage the Wisconsin land trust community to nominate an individual, policymaker, land trust, or another group that has demonstrated leadership in helping to protect Wisconsin's special places. Awards will be presented at Gathering Waters' annual Awards Celebration on September 20, 2018.
- Land Trust of the Year – This award recognizes a land trust that demonstrates its commitment to permanently safeguard Wisconsin's natural treasures and open lands through its leadership, achievements, projects and more.
- Conservationist of the Year – This award recognizes individuals, organizations or groups that exhibit extraordinary commitment to Wisconsin's land conservation movement.
- Policy Maker of the Year – This award recognizes individuals whose dedicated efforts have helped to bring forth or strengthen policy on behalf of land conservation throughout Wisconsin.
- Land Legacy Award – This award recognizes an individual, family, or foundation whose extraordinary generosity and philanthropic leadership through direct financial support has significantly benefited land conservation in Wisconsin.
- Rod Nilsestuen Award for Working Lands Preservation – This award recognizes individuals or organizations that exhibit extraordinary commitment to the preservation of Wisconsin's working lands.
- Award with a Harold "Bud" Jordahl Distinction – Each year, the Selection Committee receives a number of nominations describing extraordinary land conservation projects, accomplishments, pursuits, partnerships, etc., that are highly deserving of an award, but do not fit perfectly into any one award category. Under these circumstances, the Selection Committee may elect to honor such a nominee with an award bearing the Harold "Bud" Jordahl distinction. Examples from the past include the Harold "Bud" Jordahl Lifetime Achievement Award, the Harold "Bud" Jordahl Partnership of the Year, the Harold "Bud" Jordahl Stewardship Award and the Harold "Bud" Jordahl Land Trust Pioneer Award.
To be considered, nomination(s) included:
- A completed Nomination Form
- Each letter of support must include contact info for the person(s) submitting the letter. At least one letter of support describing the nominee's actions and accomplishments that have advanced land conservation in Wisconsin.
- Additional supporting materials are optional and may include things like news articles, photos, maps, video, or other resources.
These awards are very competitive; the more letters of support and additional supporting materials provided, the better. Individuals and organizations may submit nominations for themselves or others. Nominations are closed for the 2018 awards, but be thinking of land conservation leaders to nominate in 2019.
We would like to thank our generous sponsors