MSC Trailbuilding: Rib Lake Segment, Taylor County
September 26 @ 8:00 am – October 1 @ 12:00 pm
Add your muscle to the final sections of this four-mile effort to reconnect the Rib Lake Segment of the Ice Age Trail. There will be a GRAND opening, complete with a celebratory hike!
All talents and abilities welcome! There’s a role for volunteers of all ages and abilities. And no experience is necessary to participate in MSC events. Friendly Alliance staff and certified volunteer crew leaders provide hands-on training to get you started immediately.
What to bring:
- Please bring a lunch for each day on site.
- Long-sleeve shirts and pants for trail work; mud boots if participants have them, may come in handy.
- Plan for variable weather – bring warm layers and rain gear.
- Sturdy hiking or work boots (no tennis shoes) and leather work gloves.
- Day pack, water bottles, insect repellent, a hat and gaiters.
Check-in will be at N8643 County Road C. Meet for round-up and crew assignments at 8:00 am.
Base camp will be at Wood Lake County Park. Specific instructions about where to pitch a tent, park an RV/ popup camper, and park your vehicle is available when you arrive.
A light breakfast will be provided, along with dinner, for volunteers staying overnight.
Your contribution of time and energy is welcome for any part of the event. Please register by Tuesday, September 19.
This event is part of Wisconsin Land Trust Days. Learn more at HaveFunOutside.org.